With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Pre SG 1.0 archive

Stuttering sounds when spectating

Postby sig11 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:36 pm

OK, I'll open a new thread for this. As noted in this thread there seems to be a stuttering sound. During the last beta tester session on the test server I have been spectating 3rd person (i.e. non-attached) during several BR modes where players used dynamite quite a bit. Here are my findings:
- When somebody has a lit dynamite, the fuse sound stutters. As soon as it is thrown, the sound is ok
- But, this also happened with ID and mod version !
- It also happened in a special SA version I made for myself which did not have any substitute sounds whatsoever, i.e. only WQ3 sounds (and yes, the fuse _is_ a WQ3 sound)
- I could not collect data on water sounds ;-)

But, I have an idea. The engine has some changes to some timing values which is handled by the server. And the test server is a stand alone server.

So, I need some sort of survey. Does this stuttering also happen when playing on Rawhide, hika's servers or any other server ? And which client are you using ? Does it happen for you on my test server or not ?

I'll post a similar request in the beta tester forum, but everybody using a SA client should report here.

Edit: My BR-server uses the same SA version as my test server, so don't use this as a comparison ;-)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Return to Stand-alone Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel