With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Postby Pardner » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:03 pm

Haris2201 wrote:I've a new question...
When I'll compile my map, it doesn't work!!!
It doesn't go more then entering C:/Program Files/Smokin.../br_Desertown
But then it stops and it!

WHY???

And how to show my map in the callvote or create server???

Well, thats not much information to go on there. Depending on the size of your map and your computer hardware it might take a while. You can do a couple things:
  • Using the command prompt, navigate to where you have your batch file placed, then type:
    compile.bat > output.txt
    Then you can paste the output.txt here.
  • Take another screenshot and post it here.
  • Email me the map file so that I can take a look and see if there is anything wrong with it.
  • If there isnt anything wrong with the map file, then the problem is on your end. This might mean that the batch file is wrong, or your not using q3map2.exe right, or Q3Map2Toolz is not configured properly.

Have you tried compiling the included "dm_test1.map"? This map is 100% error free and compiles very quickly. it is very recommended that you compile a working map before you start your own. This makes sure that you have all the tools working before you get started with your own project.

Could you please post your compile script? There maybe something wrong there too.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Haris2201 wrote:IAnd to send my map to you means that I need your E-Mail adress :D

pardner @ smokin-guns.net
(its also on my public profile... the little email button ;) )

Haris2201 wrote:But the compiling isn't wrong! :x

Then I will take a look at the map file. glad you looked at the test map. its a good way to know if your tools are working properly.

Haris2201 wrote:And my secound question: Why my map doesn't shows on the start-single-player, callvote->maps and the create-server???
To open it I must write : /map br_desrttown or /callvote map br_deserttown in multiplayer. :|

OK, you need to make a map config file. There isn't a tutorial for it yet.
  1. Go to your maps directory: "Smokin' Guns/smokinguns/map/"
  2. Create a new text file and rename the extension to .cfg : "newfile.txt" --> "newfile.cfg"
  3. You need to add your map to the text file. Here is the information I have for br_nonamecity :
    Code: Select all
    {
       map      "br_NoNameCity"
       author           "Pardner"
            longname   "No Name City"
       desc_line1   "-------------------------------"
       desc_line2   "Bank Robbery Map"
       desc_line3   "-------------------------------"
       desc_line4      "No Rules, No Laws, No Name"
    }
  4. You can leave it in your maps dir for now. but when you release your map, you will need to include this .cfg file in your pk3.

Haris2201 wrote:General Error

Image could not be uploaded.

DEBUG MODE

Line : 132
File : uploadpic.php

Hmmm... try again later. If it still doesn't work, thats a job for Lethal. There is also places where you can upload pictures for free: http://imageshack.us/
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:16 pm

Haris2201 wrote:And I saw the terrain-toturial from ReD (very good) and I'll download EasyGen but I don't find it!

Broken link on the tutorial. I've fixed it now & thanks for telling us.
Download EasyGen here.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Unfortunately, you will need to extract the textures from sg_textures0.pk3 to be able to use them in EasyGen. Don't bother with all of them, just extract what you think you will need. Like grass, dirt, stone, etc.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:52 pm

There are two ways to use terrain outputted from EasyGen.
1) Use the meta shader: I have never actually done this. Red would be better qualified to answer questions on the meta shader. Basically, you paint your terrain in EasyGen, then it outputs a meta shader and you use that.

2) Once you have the map imported into Radiant, you can click Textures-->Find & Replace . Then replace the black texture you see with a texture of your choice. You can replace the texture with a "texture blend" shader and make the texture blending by hand. This is the only method I have personally done so far.

BTW, I am taking a look at your map now.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Ok, I found your problem. you have a _skybox entity in your map with nothing tied to it (no brushes) I am not sure what the _skybox entity does:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Q3Map2#skybox

But I do know you dont need it in your map. Here is how to remove it:
  • Open your map in Radiant
  • Press "L" and you will see a box like this:
  • Select the "_skybox" entity, and press Backspace to delete it.
  • Save, compile, play
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Haris2201 wrote:But first what is with my map that I've sended it to you?

Rather then send it back to you, I thought I would let you fix it yourself. Its very easy, just follow what I posted above.
viewtopic.php?p=16014&highlight=#16014

Haris2201 wrote:And how to create a round arch (like the church door in mexico)?

• Create a brush about the size of the doorway
  • use the menu to create an "end cap" Curve-->End Cap
  • fit the end cap into place (using "v" and "e" and draging the green dots
  • Press "Shift+C" and select "inverted end cap"

Also, Bubba has a tutorial on making ached doorways, but the pictures don't load:
http://web.archive.org/web/200803200447 ... arch1.html
Pardner
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel