With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
For all you mappers out there!

Moderators: Joe Kari, Pardner, TheDoctor, Breli

Mapping on mac

Postby Jack_Wade » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:15 pm

Hello,
I would like to try to make maps for the game, but I have a problem when trying to set macradiant for this purpose. I have it on my computer since a while, I installed a package to map for Ennemy Territory, but now that I want to map for smokin'guns, I can't manage to find out how to do the same for this game. I downloaded the mapping tools, but I don't understand if there is such a package to install, or if the process is totally different. I looked at the tutorials for Pc and Linux but didn't find an answer to it. So I wanted to know if anybody knew how to configurate macradiant to make it able to support sg, knowing that I have it running for an other game (I saw tutorials which advised to install radiant after having downloaded sg, which is not the case here).

Thank you for your help, I hope I will be able to make maps for this great game. :)

PS : Sorry if my english isn't always understandable, it is not my native language, so don't hesitate to tell me if you have problems understanding what I'm trying to say.
Jack_Wade
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:39 am

I think you might be the first to try mapping with a mac, so I don't know if anyone here can help you. If you get it working, it would be nice to have a tutorial for the mac setup.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Jack_Wade » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Thank you for your answer :)
I have made progress : I moved sg.game where the other games' packs were installed, and macradiant now shows Smokin Guns in the game list when I open it. But when I select it, it shows an error message, which says : "Synpase server initialisation failed : no such file or directory. I opened sg.game with a text editor, and tried to change the paths by looking at how it worked on Ennemy Territory : in enginepath, I put the path to the game; but I don't understand what I must direct gametools to, although I made a few trys. But for now, nothing works. Even if I'm on a mac, does anyone knows how this file should be edited (i.e what paths are supposed to lead to)? I also noticed that an Ennemy territory file contained two files named game.xlink and synapse.config : could it be related to why it is working, considerating I have no such files for SG?
It's a bit frustrating not to be able to map yet in spite of my motivation, but I'm confident I'll manage to make it work, even if it's a bit long. :D When it will be the case, I'll post a quick indication on how to set macradiant, so that it will be easier for other mac players who would want to map (I just hope I'll actually make it work).
Jack_Wade
Drifter

Re: Mapping on mac

Postby Jack_Wade » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi again!
Glad to see the forum is running again, I was a bit surprised when it went down. :)
I have made progress in my attempts to make macradiant work : when I select Smokin'Guns, the editor opens, and aks me to select a project (by the way, what's the difference between User0.proj and default? Can I use any of them?). Once it is done, the main window appears, but I'm told that it "Failed to load textures/radiant/notex. Looks like your installation is broken/ missing some essential elements. errno : no such file or directory."
Notex.tga opens fine when I look at it, so I know the file doesn't have any problem. I also tried to change the extension but it didn't solve anything. Does anybody here have an idea about what could be the problem?
Thanks for your help! :)
Jack_Wade
Drifter

Postby Jack_Wade » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Sorry to up the topic again, but has anyone already encountered the shader.notex error?
Jack_Wade
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:29 pm

I think shader.notex means that you have a brush that does not have a texture on it. You'll need to hunt down that brush in your editor and put a texture on it. If you know the brush is out of sight, you can do a texture find and replace. The name of the place holder texture that radiant uses is "textures/radiant/notex" and replace it with "textures/common/caulk"
Pardner
SG Team

Return to Level Editing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel