With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

A little help for them robbers

Postby MisterX » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:15 am

I thought a little guide to all the money bags in Bank Robbery mode would be good, but I didn't want to include exact descriptions of how to get there. So, here you can see the location of each bag, but still have to keep your eyes open to actually find them :)

This batch of photos was found in an old bag, hidden inside a long since burnt out saloon. They are rumored to have been in the possession of an infamous outlaw and might just lead the way to plentiful glorious riches. (click the images)

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

The complete collage:
Last edited by MisterX on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
MisterX
Pistolero

Postby Breli » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:22 am

Wow! Thanks for digging these out and posting this! It'll surely help our apprentice bank robbers to get their degree

8)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:28 am

Maybe we could incorporate these into the levelshots for the br maps. That way players see them when the map is loading.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Pardner » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:22 am

Funny story,
MisterX messaged me on IRC asking me where the second money bag was in NNC and I promptly answered "There isn't one".... so we started talking and then it dawned on me...... there was a second money bag!!!!!! Hehehe I forgot where the moneyt was in my own map!

Looks great MisterX!

Pardner
SG Team

Postby mugenmidget » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:15 am

Those are great! I think they would be perfect additions to the ESC menu as "objectives" or something similar. That way when people die during a round they can spend some light study time using the pictures for reference (or maybe even pop them out during a slow round).

Personally just played a few rounds with friends to find out the locations, but I know that lots of people who get on and play like asking "where's the bank". A lot of times they're actually ridiculed or met with silence from the other players.
:-(

I can't blame them for asking and I certainly try my best to explain to as much of an extent as I'm capable. I just have a hard time describing it to them and having a picture reference in-game would be dandy.
My gosh, that's too cheap!
mugenmidget
Drifter

Postby Breli » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:36 am

Pardner wrote:Hehehe I forgot where the money was in my own map!

Looks great MisterX!

:lol: same here. I was pretty sure that I placed three moneybags in BW but I really can't remember whether they are still in and if so, where ;)

Breli
SG Team

Postby zeVlad » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Great ! Maybe not enough recognizable, for some, but it's the long time they've remained in the bag, we say. :wink:

I didn't know for the Santa Cruz second one ! :D
I'm the n00b... No mercy !
zeVlad
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:50 pm

It's nice work, but a few of the photos are a little too dark? At least, it seems so to me.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby zeVlad » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:19 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:It's nice work, but a few of the photos are a little too dark? At least, it seems so to me.

+1, it was what I would say with "not enough recognizable".
I'm the n00b... No mercy !
zeVlad
Pistolero

Postby MisterX » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:54 pm

Cool that you like them :)

I agree that some aren't quite clear enough, but the thing is that I basically just slapped a filter on them in GIMP, that's this "old photo" effect, and unfortunately it doesn't offer many options. I could've made the original screenshots a bit brighter, but I thought I'd rather keep it consistent, so I made sure that there are always enough points of reference to find out where the bag might be. For example in the picture of the cave in Coyote Bluff you might not clearly see the boudlers at the wall, but it's obvious that the bag is next to the rails somewhere :)
But if you like I could still try enhancing them a bit.

Oh and you've got to tell me if I've missed any bags, I just took it for granted that there are two on each map :)

Having such pictures in the game would also be cool. But aren't at least the pictures on the loading screen of a too low resolution to put them there?

By the way, I also made a little wallpaper with those pictures. I'm obviously not much of an artist, but I like having all of them all aligned next to each other :D Here it is:
http://s10b.directupload.net/images/use ... 637gzw.png
MisterX
Pistolero

Postby Breli » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:21 pm

Dude, you're more of an artist than you think ;) ... I like it. Additionally, I like the idea of integrating your photos on the BR screenshots that are shown during map loading. That'll be a nice addition and should get new players up to speed quickly.

Maybe we can do that with the first patch. Obviously, that requires your permission to use these, of course 8)

Breli
SG Team

Postby MisterX » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Breli wrote:Maybe we can do that with the first patch. Obviously, that requires your permission to use these, of course 8)

Well, of course that's alright with me. Only you have to be fine with that most of the work was atuomatically done by GIMP :wink:
I've still got all the pictures in any way, so if you're going to use them just tell me what you need, like ones without the text, or if they really need to be brighter, etc. :)

Oh, and nevermind my remark about the quality of the levelshots. They are obviously alright, guess I had something different in mind :)
MisterX
Pistolero

Postby ChainLightnin' » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:39 am

Probably a simple answer, but why is "directupload.net-no hotlinking allowed" boxes all I get on my screen, instead of the pictures? :roll:
Well...Mr. Chain Blue Lightnin' hisself..heh, heh!
ChainLightnin'
Gunslinger

Postby MisterX » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:08 pm

That's strange, they actually explicitly state that hotlinking is allowed. But maybe there's some limit to the traffic that may be caused. Anyway, I've changed the images to clickable thumbnails. They actually looks better that way :D
MisterX
Pistolero

Postby L3th4l » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Preferably you should use the "Upload picture" that is on the post screen. That will let you upload pics to our server to use in your posts and saves them to your own personal gallery for using anytime. Everyone who has 25 posts or more has access to it. :wink:
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Next

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel