With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Amazing game! A comment on sound effects

Postby smood » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:17 am

First of all I must say amazing game. Of all the western shooters I played your game has the most authentic feel. I love the reloading system and the overall gameplay.

My 1 comment is regarding the sound effects. Although I think they are nice I would make 2 main suggestions. The first would be to increase the quality of them, they seem to be low bitrate or low quality. Try to get better quality samples and maybe with more bass if that is authentic. Otherwise just cleaner richer sounds.

Secondly it seems almost everytime you shoot you get that bullet ricochet sound. I was wondering if you need this sound so frequently? Is it part of the gunshot sound? Can you make it less frequent?

Also is it possible to turn the music down? Will there be any music slider in the future?

Thanks so much for your hard work in making this amazing game. I try to spread it around fellow students at my med school. LOL. Nobody likes old west like me though so often they tend to play cod4 or something.
smood
Newcomer

Re: Amazing game! A comment on sound effects

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:24 am

Welcome smood & thanks for joining the forum. Of your several questions, I can answer this one.
smood wrote:Also is it possible to turn the music down? Will there be any music slider in the future?

In game, press escape & look in settings/system/other. You'll see the slider. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby smood » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:50 am

Thanks so much! Don't know how I missed that!
smood
Newcomer

Postby smood » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:32 am

Anyone else have any thoughts on my other points?
smood
Newcomer

Postby Breli » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:51 am

Sure! I'd love to see new sounds or better replacements for the existing ones. I am one of those weirdos who actually plays with music on! I really like the general theme from Krokofox. Concerning the sound effects: I basically took them for granted (frequency as well as quality). If you want to take a crack at it, you better head over to our sound editing section headed by our newly appointed sound master in chief DeUgli

8)
SG name: =SG= BRELI

Harmonica: Did you bring a horse?
Gunmen: Looks like we are short on one horse!
Harmonica: No. You brought two too many.
Breli
SG Team

Postby Wh1sper » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:55 pm

I've a concern too.
It seems that the shots are unpossible to localize.
Or is it only me?
I am not sure, but WoP which has the same base, can do...
Mein Blog http://Zockertown.de/s9y/ News über Linux und Nertenkram
Wh1sper
Drifter

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel