With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Post feedback & meet new friends. General SG discussion.

Moderators: Pardner, TheDoctor

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:07 am

An official news post will be made in the next few days with at least a screenshot. Maybe a short movie. GG's all! 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Hellrider » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:48 am

Yeah, that a lot of fun this time :D

Good Games ALL :)

Congrats to the mS clan ! They're tough players.

But I see, Pardner is getting better and better. It's very hard to play against him :wink:

I think I'll have to play more often, if I wanna win next time 8)
I'm out of form after this long absence...
Hellrider
Gunslinger

Postby Bodie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Thanks guys. It was great experience and tons of fun.

We had to sweat a lot in some of those games but we made it thanks to discipline and cooperation ("Donnie don't leave position! Donnie don't! Donnie! Donnie!!!"), flexible tactics ("Nautica don't go on that roof, don't go there, don't, I'm begging you do not go there") and personal flair ("Where are you mLy?" "I'm RAMBO-ing them!") for which I want to thank my team-mates.

We have to repeat it soon. Maybe with different mode like 2vs2 this time (easier to maintain smaller teams), Duel or Team DM instead of BR just to spice it up a bit? Anyone has other ideas?

About players, I watched almost all the games (it was as much fun as playing, you really should check out the movies that are coming soon):

Pardner was undoubtedly the best player of this tourney indeed. We could make a poll among players and give a special reward like that in future tourneys, even if they will be team competitions. Our own MVP kind of a reward, given by other players of the tournament to the one they consider to be the best single person playing there.

My other highlights are Chilli and Ace. They had great performances (18 and 22 frags!) but sadly not enough help from their teams so were out of the competition after the first round. Shame.
Also don't forget RailerX, Pardner's faithful wingman. He may be easy to overlook next to Pardner but he is an extremely good player.

Nudies' team provided the funniest moment of the tourney when all four of them crowded RailerX surrounding him from all sides but killed each other (all four!) without even scratching him. I hope Futsin has a video of that somewhere. It was a game that was probably the most fun to watch cause they didn't sweat it hiding from Pardner but instead took dynamite and shotguns and went after him for which I respect them a lot. They really could win it and you have to watch out for them in future Tourneys.

You have no idea what those guys may be capable of with more training. That's why they are my team highlight.

--
mS // Donnie
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby mLy! » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:06 pm

First, I want to thank Pardner and Red for their time in organising this tourney.
I have some feedback for any future tourney:

1) Keep the BR 4vs4 format, but to avoid drop outs: Don't sign up people individually but as a clan/team. This way the 'clan leader' is responseble for his players to show up and the tourney organiser. This will put less pressure on the organiser and increase the amount of teams that actually do have 4 players.
There could then be a new section on this forum for recruting and orgaisng teams and exchanging contact info.

2)About maps. For 4vs4 I think there are only 5 maps really nice to play: Durango, Cobber, Mexican town, santa cruz and Newtown. This is what we would call the 'mappool'. Then, before every game each team chooses one map and you play 2 maps OR each team eliminates 2 maps and you play the one map that is left.

3) About servers. The only solution I see is to play EU and USA seperate. Then there would be an EU and a USA final + a 'Grand Final' where the EU winner fights the USA winner. Play 2 maps on 2 servers, a EU and a USA server.
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Black Jack Ketchum » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:10 pm

Good Game (Despite being ass wipt 10-1 :D ) and thanks to pardner for making this possible, the tourney.....not the ass whipping

A solution to the dropout problem is that the "clan teams"(teams consisting of friends) are eliminating each other and the Tournament admin created ones(people who dosent have a own team) are eliminating each other. but i don't think this would work if you at the same time was going to make the EU and Us separation.

A solution the ping problem -or a way to make it more fair- is to have the next tournament on a European server and the next after that on a American one. Or play it where the most players are located.

And last i don't think you can pleas everybody's taste on the maps, but maybe all quarterfinals should be played on the same map, semifinal on another and final on a third-then it would be the same fore everybody and you could practice ahead.
The REAL Blackjack Ketchum
\/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Jack_Ketchum

[R.I.P =Cowboys From Hell= Clan]
Black Jack Ketchum
Quick Draw

Postby Pardner » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:40 pm

rane wrote:Pardner was undoubtedly the best player of this tourney indeed....
Also don't forget RailerX, Pardner's faithful wingman. He may be easy to overlook next to Pardner but he is an extremely good player

Thanks Donnie, that last round was so hard!! It was all I could do to get even one of you. Both RailerX and I knew that as soon as we fired or made a noise, the rest of you would be down on us like an organized pack of wolves. Our only hope was to hold that train station at the beginning of the match! We did once!! :D

RailerX had some extraordinary kills when facing El Ejcovero's team. Hehe I would die and before I could finish yelling "$#^!! I #%^@ died!!" over TS... he would finish off the rest of the team!

rane wrote:My other highlights are Chilli and Ace. They had great performances (18 and 22 frags!) but sadly not enough help from their teams so were out of the competition after the first round. Shame

Its always sad to see good players go out in the first round. Unfortunately we had a lot of no-shows this year (see the names in gray on the tourney page) But I also kinda stacked the ladder so good players would face good players in the first round. If you noticed that You first round was much much harder than your second round. If gives the other players a chance to play more in the tourney.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby Nautica » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:13 pm

It sure was lots of fun yesterday. :)

1 comment:

It would be good to seperate european and american teams at the beginning of the tourney, each on their own server. High pings were a bit of a problem.
Nautica
Newcomer

Postby sparcdr » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:51 am

Couldn't had gotten any better... EU is closer to CA than US in ms. From me (Texas) to Iceland is 130ms, and from Deviant Pointer to Iceland is 80ms, if you can tell the difference. From me to Deviant Pointer is 80ms.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Bodie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:20 am

We need a server in Iceland. :-)

Seriously though, Deviant Pointer did very well, much better than I expected and I'm glad we didn't decide to bail like other folks seemed to have done.

Thanks for lending it for the tourney sparcdr!

Also, in the feedback department, I'd like to support the motion that next time we should be playing US and EU ladders separately and then doing a two-games long final on both US and EU servers. It will equalize chances of people on both sides of the pond. Mixed teams would simply have to pick where they prefer to play.

I'll be happy to help with organizing it and refereeing (and recording) on one of those servers so we can play both parts at the same time (and thus make the tourney shorter overall and more surprising since scouting enemies ahead won't be possible).

Another idea I had would be taking over servers a week before competition starts and locking them to tourney mode for that period of time. This way players would have more time to familiarize themselves with new environment and get used to pings.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby sparcdr » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:26 pm

That's fine. A server in Great Britain would be the best compromise for one of the two international sessions, at least from my experience the ping is 125ms.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:01 pm

mLy! wrote:For 4vs4 I think there are only 5 maps really nice to play: Durango, Cobber, Mexican town, santa cruz and Newtown.
I was thinking along the same lines as mLy and Black Jack regarding maps. Some maps favor either defenders or robbers, and some are more balanced. When we have players of widely varying ability and ping already, we should try to make the maps as balanced as possible. Secondly, random map selection produces random results, I think. I like the idea of each round being on the same map, to give more nearly equal results.
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby Redwing » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:57 pm

rane wrote:We need a server in Iceland. :-)

We get our servers, you get Sigur Ros. Deal? :lol:
DeviantArt|Music
Jesus wrote:Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God
Redwing
Shootist

Postby Pardner » Tue May 12, 2009 12:04 am

Demos are up for download. They are a compilation of demos from Red, EvilFutsin, and myself.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Wed May 13, 2009 4:45 am

Pardner wrote:Demos are up for download.
Gee, if I'd known you were going to post the demos publicly, I would have played better! :lol:
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby EvilFutsin » Thu May 14, 2009 8:54 am

We are ever watchful, Ugli. ;)
"I Gotta Believe!"
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Previous

Return to Saloon

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel