With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Postby sparcdr » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:31 pm

I don't flame, I just don't like snobby Linux users who out of spite would rather leave the Windows build unusable because they have some twisted logic about our audience and the world in general.
sparcdr
SG Team

Postby Joe Kari » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:18 pm

sparcdr wrote:Yes, though there's some shotgun spread discussion taking place. I am just noting one area, while other components are also modified. You can download the original 2005 source release from Id Software's FTP and run a program such as WinMerge to compare files.

Yes, sorry... you can run SG under say UrbanTerror (I believe Joe did to showcase VBO performance gains) it's just a matter of certain features that make the game yet more unique which are in-code.

BTW shotgun spread and weapon physics aren't part of the engine, but part of the mod-code.
And if you read carefully viewtopic.php?t=1410 I was not saying that I have run smokinguns as a mod of Urban Terror lol. I have just copied my map in Urban Terror (did you noticed that the gun of the 2 last screenshots wasn't a gun of SG ?).

However, that's true that there are some little difference between our engine and ioQ3, mainly because of some data structure...
Joe Kari
SG Team

Previous

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel