With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
If you have any trouble with SG, this is the place to ask.

Moderator: Pardner

Maps don't show up in the menu

Postby janko » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:55 am

Hey
any idea why maps warehouse mini and no name city old doesn't show up in my menu? didn't found them anywhere but I have downloaded them yesterday
janko
Shootist

Re: Maps don't show up in the menu

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:34 pm

janko wrote:why do maps like warehouse mini and no name city old don't show up in my menu?

br_warehouse_mini is probably not correctly packaged. You know that maps are contained in .PK3 files, which are just renamed .ZIP files, containing several files for a map.

Each map, such as dm_mapname, requires a file maps/dm_mapname.cfg with the following contents to be selectable via menu:
maps/dm_mapname.cfg wrote:{
map "dm_mapname"
author "Max Mustermann"
longname "Example Mapname"
desc_line1 "----------------------------------"
desc_line2 "This is just an example for a map"
desc_line3 "cfg file, which let's you choose"
desc_line4 "the map in-game via UI"
}

Now, you could edit the .PK3 file to add an edited br_warehouse_mini.cfg, but you'd download a the original .PK3 as an additionaly copy the next time you connect to a server if it is played.

You can always load the map via \map br_warehouse_mini in console, without changing anything (which is what I recommend). Last but not least, I intentionally didn't deliver a cfg file for br_nonamecityold, because I didn't want to confuse people.
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby janko » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:55 pm

well if it was name no name city (old) or (old version) it probably wouldn't confuse people but yes, and if I load the map via console no bots spawn
janko
Shootist

Postby TheDoctor » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:21 pm

janko wrote:if I load the map via console no bots spawn

\addbot <bot>
or
\addbot <bot> [skill 1-5] [team] [msec delay] [altname]
where <bot> is one of clint, unknown, tuco, ... and altname is a name of your choice.

Regarding the size of our player base, I recommend to play online ;-)
TheDoctor
Smokin' Amigo!

Return to Doc's Office

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel