With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

We need to make WQ3 more popular!

Postby kuran » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:13 pm

I'm astounded by how few people play this awesome mod, its rarely that I see more then 10 people play at the same time, why is this?

If you like this mod as much as I do, please spread the word to your friends, it really deserves to be recognized!

And these forums are just depressing, I'm sure the team will agree with that. :)

I hope this situation will change soon, best of luck to the WQ3 team!
kuran
Drifter

Postby dolny » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:24 pm

Hey kuran :) I'm the annoying guy who complained about the high ping today ;) Nice to see you here. I'm spreading the word as much as I can :) About 5 of my friends installed Western. I'm trying to get a polish dedicated server and looking for a webdesigner who can make graphics for the polish Western Q3 center. I hope that the community won't be similar to Urban Terror - at least polish UT community sucks big time - 12y olds who kick people from other countries, especially Germany, arguing all the time ('you f*** lame' , 'you *****'), spamming text & stuff - horrible. I got banned from some pl UT servers because I gave some people a link to westernquake3.com ... whatever. Anyways, going back to the thread - the forums ARE depressing for sure. Looking at the forums some people may think that the project is dead. All in all : what the game needs is:

1) All seeing eye support
2) Buttons on other FPP games pages!!! - The westernquake3.com team should do something about it.
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:35 pm

I've preached the word about WQ3 for years. Gotten a few people here in the US to try it but they never seem to stick with the mod. I really don't understand why since they all seemed to have fun with it. Maybe the western theme just isn't popular. Such a great mod and very few people playing it........sort of depressing. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby dolny » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:41 pm

I know, I have been laughed at on the polish Urban Terror forum when I posted a link to WesternQ3 site. "Go and play with the cowboys, haha" etc. Don't worry - we're the community will grow bigger when we will be advertising the mod, ASE support and WQ3 buttons on some FPP sites will really help in gaining some crowd.
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby Zetler » Tue Apr 01, 2003 8:02 am

I just discovered this mod but when I try to play, even during prime time, the servers (all 10 of them, sigh) are totally empty!!! Grrr. :x

Oh btw this mod r0x0r, I love music!! 8)
Zetler
Newcomer

Postby dolny » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:44 pm

Yeah, music is great. Try http://www.extreme-players.de. I personally dislike this server due to large ping from my place (300-400) but it's the most popular server. You can meet me at 'No-Offense Western Style' server. I'm also trying to find a polish server - today I emailed about 30 people from internet caffe's and cable providers but I doubt they will do something. If anything they want to provide them with a computer, and then they will give bandwith, but I have no money to buy a new comp for me, not mentioning a server for WQ3 :(
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby Amsterdamage1 » Thu May 01, 2003 7:51 pm

Well maybe if U FIX YOUR DOWNLOAD SITES More ppl will be able to fecking download ure mod, im fecking searching hours for a downloadsite but still NOTHING

UPDATE YOUR SITE DAMN U
Amsterdamage1
Newcomer

Postby EvilFutsin » Thu May 01, 2003 9:42 pm

....heh, maybe learn to spell, and then they'll listen. :P
Impatient little one, ain'tcha?
EvilFutsin
SG Team

Postby JoeDalton » Wed May 07, 2003 2:11 pm

Hello

Our new server: *HS* Swiss clan server
You can find it at this ip : hellservice.kicks-ass.net
or in ASE

CU
JoeDalton
Drifter

Postby Metallica_Band » Sun May 25, 2003 7:32 am

Amsterdamage1 wrote:Well maybe if U FIX YOUR DOWNLOAD SITES More ppl will be able to fecking download ure mod, im fecking searching hours for a downloadsite but still NOTHING

UPDATE YOUR SITE DAMN U

LOLOL...you could AT LEAST say PLEASE
Metallica_Band
Drifter

Postby Metallica_Band » Sun May 25, 2003 7:36 am

EvilFutsin wrote:....heh, maybe learn to spell, and then they'll listen. :P
Impatient little one, ain'tcha?

LOL...I'll spell check it for him:
"Well maybe if U FIX YOUR DOWNLOAD SITES More ppl will be able to fecking download ure mod, im fecking searching hours for a downloadsite but still NOTHING

UPDATE YOUR SITE DAMN U"

Spell checked:
"Well maybe if YOU FIX YOUR DOWNLOAD SITES then more people will be able to fecking (<---spell check does not recognize this word) download your mod. I am fecking(<---there it is again) searching for hours for a download site but still NOTHING.

UPDATE YOU SITE DARN YOU!!!"

There you go...aren't I nice...LOL...THANX
C'YA ?:-D
Metallica_Band
Drifter

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel