With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

New player, need gameplay suggestions

Postby JustMe » Thu May 29, 2003 9:56 pm

Hey I'm new to the mod and was kind of wondering if anyone has any gameplay suggestions for me. I was playing earlier and I got owned REAL easy. That didn't really come as a surprise but it did get aggravating when all it seemed like was I got shot once and died. Then when I was lucky enough to sneak up behind someone that they still killed me even though I know I got some hits in on them. I also suspect that I was being targeted more since the vets knew I was new to the mod. I was surprised I was even able to kill someone once or twice. Are there any binds I should try making? Should I just keep playing to try to learn how to dodge and shoot better? Um...that's all I can think of right now. Well thanks if you read this and reply...
JustMe
Newcomer

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat May 31, 2003 1:50 am

You can start by reading the manual (if you haven't already) that is included in the download. There are features you may not be aware of. Other than that.......practice! :D
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby JustMe » Sat May 31, 2003 5:23 pm

Ok I'll take another look over the manual again. I just wasn't sure if there were any special binds that some players feel that can't do without since some mods are like that. I guess this mod isn't so much like that though so I'll keep trying I guess.
JustMe
Newcomer

Postby aquarius » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:01 pm

JustMe wrote:Ok I'll take another look over the manual again. I just wasn't sure if there were any special binds that some players feel that can't do without since some mods are like that. I guess this mod isn't so much like that though so I'll keep trying I guess.

i think the most important "special binds" (how you call it) for wq3 are: the buy menu, second fire, reloade and drop a weapon. you need those to play the mod properly!

aquarius
aquarius
Shootist

Postby JustMe » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:01 am

aquarius wrote:
JustMe wrote:Ok I'll take another look over the manual again. I just wasn't sure if there were any special binds that some players feel that can't do without since some mods are like that. I guess this mod isn't so much like that though so I'll keep trying I guess.

i think the most important "special binds" (how you call it) for wq3 are: the buy menu, second fire, reloade and drop a weapon. you need those to play the mod properly!

aquarius

Ah cool I have all of those except drop so I just need to bind that. I guess the reason I call it that is because the only other q3 mod I've ever played is q3f and that seems to need binds up the wazoo.
JustMe
Newcomer

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel