With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

DO YOU WANT TO PLAY WQ3???

Postby aquarius » Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:26 pm

Just the usual reminder. We will be playing this Sunday March 21st at 7pm CET on 80.190.243.49:27962. Don't forget to mark it on your calendar!!!
aquarius
Shootist

Postby aquarius » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:08 am

Don't forget: we are playing tomorrow March, 28th at 7 pm CET! Be there! :)
aquarius
Shootist

Postby Lixus » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:05 pm

wow, cool, actually it's been a very very long time since i checked this forum the last time... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
and i'm astonished, seems like some people actually play wq3!

great thing to see, have fun on the servers.. i can't join you today, maybe i'll find some time next week.....
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby sig11 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:08 am

Yes ! My server is not really idle ;-) (nor is Omnedon's)... Unfortunately, I couldn't join last night either. But next week I should be there again.
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby aquarius » Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:58 pm

Lixus wrote:wow, cool, actually it's been a very very long time since i checked this forum the last time... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
and i'm astonished, seems like some people actually play wq3!

great that there is still one ICI member who checks the board from time to time :-)

it seems that you worked on two maps (Steamboat, Valley) which didn't manage to get into beta 2.0. do you think it would be possible to release your unfished maps? are they in a playable state?

aquarius
aquarius
Shootist

Postby Lixus » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:46 pm

this valley thing somehow was not playable from the beginning, i made this map far too big. you had to walk 2 minutes, then shoot your enemy over a distance of ~800 meters, die, and wait 10 minutes until the others finished playing ;) i started a new smaller version of it, which could soon be made playable if i remember it right. the other one, steamboat, was TOTALLY remade. i already made 6 creenshots of it for the maps section but somehow they were never released. i'll search for them and post them here. the problem with that map is that framerates are really bad, but if i find it in a releasable condition, i'll make a small map-pack for you. i'll also ask deadkennedy whom i sometimes still meet over icq.

the biggest problem atm is that i'll soon have my final exams at school, so i do not have too much time....but at least i'll seek the screenshots of steamboat now....
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby Lixus » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:09 pm

ok, i already found some, but they are not quite representative, i'm not really satisfied with them, but i do not have the propper quake /wq3 files installed ATM to make new ones.
let me tell you one thing: steamboat is quite big. there are the outside areas on the front, back, and on the sides on 4 different levels. inside the ship, we have the engine room, storage area, a welcoming area, guest rooms, a bar, and everything else i forgot.
now to the pictures: 8) 8) 8) 8)

^^^^^^^^ three perspectives that you'll never see ingame ;)
:!: the smoke from the chimneys go into the wrong direction. i never got rid of that bug...

engine room, storage room, bar.....

ok, again, i'm not really satisfied with those screens, but can't make now ones ATM. if i find time, and then i'll most likely also release a SMALL mappack for you, i'll post new screenshots..

ok, bye then, i hope i didnt make you that hungry :roll: :roll: :roll:
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby schiette » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:49 pm

Lixus, do you think you can contact some old teammembers (the teamleader maybe?). I really want to speak with 'm..
schiette
Drifter

Postby aquarius » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:05 pm

Lixus wrote:...
ok, again, i'm not really satisfied with those screens, but can't make now ones ATM. if i find time, and then i'll most likely also release a SMALL mappack for you, i'll post new screenshots..

thank you for the screenshots. they look great. i like the idea of a mappack. this could bring back some players to the mod. :)

thanks again for the screens. see you on sunday - don't forget to show up! ;)

aquarius
aquarius
Shootist

Postby Drakhon » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:43 am

schiette wrote:Lixus, do you think you can contact some old teammembers (the teamleader maybe?). I really want to speak with 'm..

Well that would be the main problem of wq3. Spoon, who genarally was in charge of almost everything here, is hardly online at all. He doesn't want to continue coding for wq3.

The only ones available more freqently would be Lixus, DeadKennedy and myself. That would be 2 mappers and one PR guy.
So a mappack may be possible but, I'm afraid nothing more.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby aquarius » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:44 am

well it seems that that a lot of people are interested in this map pak :( :roll:
aquarius
Shootist

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:58 pm

Well I am! 8O Heh, take your time Lix. We've waited this long. :lol:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:52 pm

Also, I certainly would put the maps on my server ;-) ...

But first finish your "Abitur" - good luck !
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Shop Holliday » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:50 am

I just started a server for this mod at my workplace. About 30 of us have been playing Threewave every day at lunch and after work for over a year. I started a new server to try out different mods, and ran across this one. So far it looks cool, I'll let you know later this week how we like it.

I would be interested in picking up the coding for this mod, and some people that work with me may also be interested in helping out. The video cards in our work machines are mostly crap, so a fun game that uses the Quake 3 engine is perfect for us. :D
Shop Holliday
Newcomer

Postby WWi » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:49 pm

Lixus wrote:ok, i already found some, but they are not quite representative, i'm not really satisfied with them, but i do not have the propper quake /wq3 files installed ATM to make new ones.
let me tell you one thing: steamboat is quite big. there are the outside areas on the front, back, and on the sides on 4 different levels. inside the ship, we have the engine room, storage area, a welcoming area, guest rooms, a bar, and everything else i forgot.
now to the pictures: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Wow, havent seen map like that in any western shooter :D , looks nice
WWi
Newcomer

Next

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel