With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Postby Cpt Commando » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:03 am

Maybe some of the other teams would take you guys in? I'd love to have 5 player teams, because we actually have a 5th player of our own who'd love to get in on this.
Cpt Commando
Drifter

Great Idea ! Hello Dolny, i will join your TEAM !

Postby Scheff » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:02 pm

Hi Dolny, i talked with Dziad yesterday (before i killed him :twisted: ) and he asked me to join your Team for the Bank Robbery Tournament.

So her I'am let's kick some Ass ! I will be your Teammember 8)

Please tell me the Date and the Time, so i will saddle my Horse take my Colt and fight for the Right with you !

Scheff
Scheff
Newcomer

Postby EZtigER » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:11 pm

.. I will be submitting myself and possibly one other as a single entry, so if anyone wants to form a team let me know. I am in Western Q3 IRC channel 24/7. If I am |out PM's are logged. ;)
EZtigER
Drifter

Postby revoluzza » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:49 am

perphaps we should met on irc #westernq3 an speak it out, make Teams and this things. Next weekt would be great.
revoluzza
Drifter

Postby Drakhon » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:10 am

Ok, looks good so far. I think we have at least 4 teams for this tournament.
Team so far are:
ICI
Dolny's Team
Captain Commando's Team
The Hawisch Stormtroopers

Dolny's team is missing one member. So maybe one of the teamless players is willing to join them. It would be great of the other teamless players could form another team.
Let's see if James Anderson can get his clan to play, too.

Now we have to see where we can get a server for this.

Furthermore we should agree on how this tournament should be played. We could have each team play against every other team, and the team with most wins in the end is teh winner of the tournament. Or we can have two teams play against each other and the winner advences to the next round.
I'd prefer the first, because this should be about fun. And if your team is out when loosing a match it won't be much fun for that team.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby revoluzza » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:41 am

perhaps some of my Clanmates will join the tourney. Then we would make a new Team the "Black Templar" Only Problem is, that they dont have Internet at home so they have to play over my DSL Internet, and i dont know whether the Pings will be. Anyone have experience with this?
revoluzza
Drifter

Postby Lixus » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:49 am

revoluzza:
i think 2 computers playing wq3 over one dsl line is ok, but 4 will get you some really serious lag, i do not know if this then can be called playable anymore :?
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby revoluzza » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:14 pm

i think so too. lets see, whether they wanna play or not :?
revoluzza
Drifter

Postby Cpt Commando » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:10 pm

Drakhon; I was thinking a league style play would be best too, it would let things last longer and that way everyone really could test every other team's mettle, at flexible times.

I'm making a basic league sheet here; someone with some talent can hopefully help it to evolve... But I'll mark up the teams we know are in, and modify it as we progress.

http://home.comcast.net/~mewseek/tournament.jpg There ya go.

And on this note; to make it more of a quick reference, each team should have a small logo (like the iron claws for ICI, etc.) accompanying their name. So if everyone could give me a little like 32x32 icon (just post it here) that'd be good, your clan's initials would work too, just something to identify you by that's nice and short

As long as everyone likes the 'everybody fights everyone' setup we can start lining up some matches! As far as rules here's my suggestion:

- Teams will play once on each default bank robbery map; most wins out of the matches (whether by elimination of the other team or by robbing the bank, i.e. if the game says you won...) will earn the team a win for the league sheet.
- Teams will be four players each, you can play short-handed if you're feeling ballsy
- All weapons and tactics are allowed, but any external program or script that requires adding to or modifying the WQ3 code is expressly forbidden and will be an automatic loss for your team.
- Specs are flies will be enabled; and spectators can talk within reason. (i.e. no spamming; players that spam will be kicked from the game). Warning your teammates about something in-game as a fly isn't really a problem; since people will be able to communicate verbally from their own LANs anyway, just remember it's more distracting than it is helpful usually.
- No practice rounds once the games have gotten underway. If a serious malfunction happens in the game that both teams deem unfair and want to have a rematch over it; that's perfectly fine, but no testing the waters when you're finally about to have your match.
- There will be no set schedule; because of the varying nationalities of all our players, each matchset between the two teams needs to be organized between the two of them; when they can come to an agreement, they should post their planned gametime here; so a neutral party can spectate or make a recording.
- All matches need to be recorded; this tournament will be so awesome it requires that. Who has the capability?
- In the unlikely event of a tie; the point will be decided by one final Bank Robbery match; on a Bank Robbery map agreed upon by the two teams.

I think that covers most everything; let me know what you guys don't agree with, so we can hurry up and get underway :P *excited*
Cpt Commando
Drifter

Postby Drakhon » Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:40 pm

If I understand you correct you suggest, that two teams play on each of the 6 existing bank robbery maps. Depending on score and time limits that could really take quite a while. Perhaps we should first agree on time and/or score limits for a match and then decide if we really want to have 6 br matches per game.
Another option would be that, each team can chose one maybe two maps . But with apropriate limits playing on each br map is okay.

The other rules look good, though I don't think it's necessary to have a neutral spectator and a record of the match. I think either of it suffices.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby Cpt Commando » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:09 pm

Drakhon wrote:If I understand you correct you suggest, that two teams play on each of the 6 existing bank robbery maps. Depending on score and time limits that could really take quite a while. Perhaps we should first agree on time and/or score limits for a match and then decide if we really want to have 6 br matches per game.
Another option would be that, each team can chose one maybe two maps . But with apropriate limits playing on each br map is okay.

The other rules look good, though I don't think it's necessary to have a neutral spectator and a record of the match. I think either of it suffices.

The whole mess about the record was just be trying to get someone to record these things; I know it's going to be awesomeeeee

How about we do this; each match the teams agree on one map to play, and decide who will be robbers first; they play the map, maybe five times; and most wins takes the point? Other than that I really don't think we need a time limit; since the teams will be running on their own free time against each other, it just seems like a shame to award a point because of a time limit victory =P

At any rate; are we in touch with everyone that wants to play? We should set a lockout date for entering teams.
Cpt Commando
Drifter

Postby EZtigER » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:58 pm

We need to hold a meeting in IRC, a long time before any event takes place you think ?

Just exactly how many spare players do you have, or those willing to play without a team?
EZtigER
Drifter

BR Tournament

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:20 am

Drakhon wrote:I think ICI and the testers will be able to participate with one maybe two teams.

I need some clarification here. Are you saying the beta testers will play on ICI's team? That suits me fine if that's the case. If not, I can play wherever I'm needed.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Drakhon » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:38 am

At first I thought, that we could get one ICI team, and one team with testers. But it seems like there are not enough testers around to create a team.
You should try either to form a team with EZtigEr and another teamless player, or ask dolny. As far as I know his team needs one more player.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby Temgesic » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:50 pm

Hi dolny, have heared you need more members for yor team.
May be I could be one of them.
Let?s meet "somewher in the west" or so for qualificatin?

Cu.
Tem.
Temgesic
Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel