With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

wq_fort_west.pk3

Postby Aerasol » Wed May 18, 2005 1:56 pm

well- it occurred to me that none of the other servers are running the wq_fort_west.pk3 map- none of it's ladders work (a short fix from neckerson i'm sure will take care of that) but other than that it's a pretty good map and adds to the map variation to spice the game up a bit- the more maps the merrier i always say.... until the more maps start comin from hidden locations around the globe and nowhere to auto download them from and leavin me out in the cold... but... anyway- the download is here: http://www.act-of-war.de/aow/download.php?list.146 <- used be able to download it on the western site, but salvaged here- lets give neckerson a time or two to fix the kinks (we can play it as is in the meantime cause i don't wanna put any time constraints on the busy man- it is the best wq map for low gravity gameplay (due to its heightened cieling to accomodate the towers and mountains and so forth) and when in lowgrav u can reach those hard to reach places that would have otherwise been accessed by those ladders)
Aerasol
Pistolero

Postby torhu » Wed May 18, 2005 4:33 pm

It's a nice map, but I seem to remember there were some doors not working either. Now if only someone would make a pogo stick to put in the game, then the defunct ladders wouldn't matter much :lol:

edit: Okay, guess that would need to be one hell of a pogo stick. maybe a jet pack would be better... :oops:
Last edited by torhu on Wed May 18, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In game: =SG=monSter
Monster Browser
torhu
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed May 18, 2005 5:19 pm

I never really liked that map very much, but I'll see if I can contact the author to get permission to fix it and maybe make it look a little nicer. If I can't reach him, I'll just fix it without changing the appearance. That should be pretty easy to do.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon May 23, 2005 5:15 pm

The author's email address is no good but I took a look at the level. Any time you convert a .bsp back into a .map file, a lot of bad things happen and it takes a lot of time to track down and correct everything. Fort_west is in pretty bad shape due to the conversion. I was hoping this would be a simpler matter than it is, and I have to say I really don't have the time right now to do this properly. :(
I will try to chip away at it whenever I get some free time but no promises.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel