With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Could this work as a COD mod?

Postby steel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi guys, I'm totally new here. Been game-hopping lately, trying to find something fun to play, and was looking for a western mod for anything I already have.

Found this site yesterday, and argh, I don't have Quake III Arena. I called all over town, noplace has it, not even a used copy. Finally resorted to ebay and got one there, it'll take maybe a week to get here.

So, I was thinkin', I do have the original Call of Duty, and know it was written based on the Quake III engine. So, I started wondering if there was anyway I could get WQIII running under COD, so I could at least see it b4 my ebay QIII arena gets here.

Anybody ever tried this? Even if you haven't, got any tips or thoughts about whether it will work or not?

Thanks a lot,
steel
steel
Drifter

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi and welcome! WQ3 will not work with CoD without some coding work, as far as I know. There is some info on how to play WQ3 without needing Q3Arena installed in THIS THREAD. It won't be perfect but you'll be able to see if the mod interests you. :wink:
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby steel » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:57 pm

Thanks, both for the info and the super-quick response. :wink:

Yeah, on a lark, I put wq3 in my COD directory as a mod and tried to run it. Lots of pretty colors, but that was about all. :D I was going to tinker with it a bit more, but since you gave me that thread, I'll just go do that instead.

Hope my ebay QIII arena gets here soon, and that it actually works.

Yeeee-haw!
steel
steel
Drifter

Return to General Discussion

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel