With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Your experiences with SG 1.1 beta 5a :

It works like a charm (better than SG 1.0)
65%
It works well (as good as SG 1.0)
35%
It does not work very well (worst than SG 1.0)
No votes
It was terrible (please explain why)
No votes

Total votes : 23

Re: Beta testing on 1.1 beta 5a

Postby ricochet » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:26 pm

I havent encountered the case where a player dies in 1.1b5. The other case i have been watching on several occasions.

If you've been bad - Lord I bet you have

And you've not been hit by flying lead

You'd better close your eyes, bow your head

Wait for the ricochet

ricochet
Quick Draw

Postby Bodie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm

1. I tested that there's no longer a problem with 17th player spawning inside someone and killing him at the beginning of a round with the "has invaded private space of" message. A team of 12 bots + me on br_durango had no such bug in a number of tests. So you're correct that this is fixed.

2. I also tested that the actual spawn bug is very much happening and if you have a large team like that, a lot of bots will be stuck inside one another in ever yround, unable to move. Bots then use /kill command to kill themselves and free the other bot. Players are stuck until one of them kills another, until forceteam is used to respawn them in the same team, until one of players is shot by someone else, until they use /kill themselves, or sometimes until they manage to jump out of the other player they are stuck in.

3. It's an easy repro case, just create a 20vs20 bots game on Durango, and watch.
SG names: Bodie (aka mS // Donnie).
Admin on Jeuxlinux, RAWHIDE, #sg.wars and some other servers.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Joe Kari » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:29 am

Okey, so it's a lack of spawn point. You know the game (and especially Durango) is not designed to support 20vs20.

My question: does this bug happened if there isn't more player than spawn point?

After checking the source of Durango, it appears that there are 12 attacker's spawn points and surprisingly only 11 defender's spawn points.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Bodie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:16 am

To be honest I find it surprising that you're inquiring about the specifics of the bug, it's so common that pretty much every newbie finds out about it on his first day in SG, as long as he plays on an active BR server. Typically gets stabbed by a more experienced player who wants to free himself, and then told "sorry, spawn bug" when he protests. Or gets told to not TK and then watches from the inside of another player as a more experienced person tries to jump out of him.

We have 8vs8 set on Jeux and can experience the bug pretty much every few rounds, depending on luck or map, it's pretty much daily routine for us for years now. If the teams are nearing full, on many maps it'll be common for one of teams to get it round after round. Affects attackers and defenders on Durango regularly, often is seen for attackers on Mexico and Santa Cruz, attackers and defenders can get it on Farm, so on.

I assume this went undetected because previous beta games were smaller in scope and thus chances of the spawn bug occuring lower?
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Joe Kari » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:53 am

I meant that in 1.1 series, it should have been fixed long time ago, and I didn't see it for years in 1.1. Don't say to me it is a common bug in Jeuxlinux: I already know it. It was already a bug in Western Quake3 2.2, and it even happened during a BR tournament I played.

My question is precise: I want to determinate if the engine bug have been fixed or not. Since Durango has 11 spawn points in defender area and 12 in attacker area, if you have seen this bug on Durango, on SG 1.1 and playing a 11vs11, then I can assume that there is still a bug on the engine side.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Postby Bodie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:44 pm

In the beta when we had it, it was only 6vs5 or something similar. It wasn't even near a full game.
Bodie
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby Joe Kari » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Bodie wrote:In the beta when we had it, it was only 6vs5 or something similar. It wasn't even near a full game.

Okey, thanks reporting it.

Please note that SG 1.1 RC1 is out here.

I will close this thread, please vote and give feedback on the new thread.

Remember: the faster we get vote and feedback, the faster SG 1.1 will be out.
Joe Kari
SG Team

Previous

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel