With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Everything about Smokin' Guns releases

Moderators: torhu, Tequila

Request: Demo playback view changing

Postby El Cattivo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:02 am

(Related thread: http://forum.smokin-guns.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3300)

Apparently Smokin' Guns demos only record the actions of the player recording the demo, and any players within or near the line-of-sight. In any case, trying to change the view in demo playback by clicking or pressing keys results in the demo ending early.

If it would not be too much trouble to record the actions of all players when recording a demo in a future version of Smokin' Guns, I would like to propose the following features for demo playback:
  1. Allow the person viewing the demo to toggle through all players' perspectives, similar to when spectating.
  2. Allow the person viewing the demo to turn on the chase perspective, similar to when spectating.
  3. Allow the person viewing the demo to roam the map freely, similar to when spectating.

This would be great for capturing multiple angles on match highlights, plus it would be useful for proving that another player is or isn't cheating. Most of the Doom-era games (e.g., Doom, Doom 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, etc.) recorded all players' actions and allowed the watcher to toggle through each player's recorded view, so I am very surprised to learn that Smokin' Guns doesn't. The only disadvantage I can see of this implementation would be that more disk space would be used, but if that is much of a concern, an option could be added to record only the main player or all players.
Und er lächelt, denn er weiß: Das Böse siegt immer!
El Cattivo
Drifter

Return to Release

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel