With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

HELP PLEASE ! ! ! "User interface is version 6, expected 3"

Postby Pluto » Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:26 pm

PLEASE HELP ME ! ! ! email : pluto12@op.pl
Pluto

Postby sig11 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:39 pm

Search the forum for your error message and you will find :
http://ici.planet-multiplayer.de/phpbb2 ... e+expected
sig11
SG Team

Postby Pluto » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:41 pm

Thanks
Pluto

Postby Pluto » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:19 pm

Ok I installed the patch and when i run Quake i have error "User interface is version 4, expected 3" and when i run Western Mod i have error "User interface is version 6, expected 3" When i don't have this patch i don't have problem with run Quake. This patch is 1.31 version. HELP ME SOMEBODY ! ! !
Pluto

Postby sig11 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:20 pm

doh - it seems idsoftware has 1.31 as latest version on their web page ... :-( ... but the latest version is 1.32. See ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com/idstuff/quake3/win32/

About the error messages : the patch should not cause any problems with normal quake. Doube check if you installed everything correctly. In fact the "patch" is a full QuakeIII install only lacking the most essential file pak0.pk3 which is in your current QuakeIII folder or on your CD.

BTW, this mod requires the retail version and does not work with the demo version. Likewise, the patches are for the retail version and won't work with the demo version. I beleive this could cause similar errors.
sig11
SG Team

Postby Pluto » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:33 pm

I don't have demo version. My Quake is absolutely normal version. I am downloading this patch now.
Pluto

Postby Pluto » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:14 am

Ok i installed this patch and i have got the same error! I don't understand this game and this patch! :cry:
Pluto

Postby sig11 » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:37 am

First off : I usually play Quake on Linux, not Windows, so I don't quite remember how the installation on Windows is set up.
But could it be that you copied the quake executable to your desktop and start this one ? While the patch installed an updated executable in your QuakeIIArena folder ?

After the patch you should have a Quake III folder with a new Quake executable. Somewhere in this folder there should be your original baseq3 files from the CD and the westernquake3 folder. And when you start this new quake executable it should work and find either the standard quake or the westernquake mod.

I hope this was somewhat clear and correct, but as I said, I'm not a Windows expert. For general Quake issues you may be better off asking on a general quake forum - simply because this forum here is not that busy ;-) ....
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby Pluto » Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:41 am

I do all the things correctly. 8)
Pluto

Postby Pluto » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:57 pm

I am downloading a diffrent Quake ]I[ Arena. My "old" Quake has got 400 MB and my new quake has got 610 MB
Pluto

Postby Pluto » Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:34 pm

It works tkanks for help
Pluto

Return to Bug Report

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel