With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Opening shots

Postby spartacus » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:17 pm

I just had to open this forum.

How about suggestions on its use?

My 2cents-
Info & "some" help for newbie mappers.
Ideas & requests from non mappers for layouts etc.

Waddaya think?
+-------------+
| SparTacuS |
| At The |
| ArenA |
+-------------+
spartacus
Drifter

Postby Drakhon » Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:28 pm

I think we'll revive and updat our MapDepot soon.
There you'll find all the explanation on how to create custim maps for wq3.

But generally everything that you need is already included with wq3. You find the textures in the westernq3 directory. Just copy those to your baseq3 dir and add spoon, frag and western to the shaderlist.txt

Everything else you need is in the folder "dev_tools"
You'll find the entities in there and a new q3map.exe
That means that it's only possible for windows useres to compile wq3 maps properly. But perhaps we'll throw in a q3map for Linux with one of the next releases.

I hope that already helped some people who want to create custom maps for wq3.
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:20 am

hi,

im new to wq3 and i want to map a duel-map

but i need this def-files...

where to dwnload it?

Postby Drakhon » Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:56 am

Just have a look in your westernq3 directory. There is another directory in it named dev_tools. And in there is the file entities-wq3.def
Drakhon
Iron Claw

Getting started

Postby AncientNomad » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:20 pm

To make custum maps, shall i copy the wq3_textures0.pk3 file or shall i extract it into my baseq3 folder? I have done both the things and i have added frag, spoon and western to my shaderlist, but still nothing happens! I am using Quark to make maps, is there any other way i shall do or what?
AncientNomad
Newcomer

Postby Lixus » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:36 pm

hmmm i don't know quark.. in qeradiant, it is ok to just copy the textures into the baseq3 folder.....
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:04 pm

I have made a Q3 level before that was functional and decent for a first efffort but I never released it. I'm just telling you this so you know I am not completely new to Radiant although I've never attempted mapping for a mod. I have followed the instructions in this thread and haven't had much luck. Many of the textures won't show up in the editor so I unpacked them along with the environments and scripts. Now things are showing up in Radiant but the sky boxes still aren't there. I experimented with copying the env skies to the textures/wq3_sky folder and I can see them now. However, they only appear as tiled in the sample bsp I made. Also, how do I get the bsp file to open in the mod? I can open it in Q3 but not WQ3. Do I also need to be using the provided q3map or will the one that comes with Radiant work correctly? Arrrgghh! This is very frustrating so far! If I could only get things set up and working in Radiant, I'm sure I could make a new map for the community to enjoy. :? Help me Lixus!!!

IF I ever get Radiant set up correctly it would be nice to have a sample .map file of one of your levels so I could see how entities and such are placed and get a feel for how things work. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Lixus » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:53 pm

well, one thought i had: did you unpack the shaders into the shaders dir and added their names to the shaderlist.txt? thats important so that you can use coded textures like sky, water, and these things... if you don't have luck with that, please, try to find out what kinds of textures you can't use..

mh, to open the bsp file in the mod you have to compile it with the q3map.exe found in the westernq3/dev_tools folder and use the entities.def also found in this folder....
i don't have much time now, so maybe this already helps, if not, i'll give you more detailed hints another time...
=Lixus=
Lixus
Iron Claw

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:57 pm

Ok, I am giving this another shot. I seem to have everything set up correctly now and have successfully made a working test map. I still have one problem though. I cannot see the skybox textures in Radiant and can't get the skyboxes to work. When I open a stock map (br_elpaso for instance) all I see is red tiles where the sky should be. The red tiles read "shader image missing". :? Any ideas? Everything else looks normal.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby SHS » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:52 am

Say as possible enlarge the amount a blood, smoke from shot and type of the sight?
SHS
Pistolero

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:15 pm

SHS wrote:Say as possible enlarge the amount a blood, smoke from shot and type of the sight?

That would have to be done by a coder by modifying the game code. I cannot do this in a map.

Update: I deleted my previous post which was just me venting frustrations. The good news is, I have figured out how to set everything up and compile a map with the q3map.exe provided in the wq3 dev_tools folder. (Took me several days of trial and error to figure everything out...very irritating.) This means I am very close to making a new map for wq3. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby SHS » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:30 am

THE YAHOO! :D 8O
SHS
Pistolero

Postby HarryCower » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:09 pm

hello ...
today i found a new map for Wq3 ....
i'm so happy ... my friends to ....
another map are testing..

really ..i think this mode is the better western game .
better than DMH to

thanks for the conceptor and all creator

wq3 MUST survive ....
HarryCower

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:50 pm

HarryCower wrote:hello ...
today i found a new map for Wq3 ....
i'm so happy ... my friends to ....
another map are testing..
wq3 MUST survive ....

Yes, you can see news of the map here. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel