With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Radiant error, help :(

Postby dolny » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:14 pm

After compiling the map for dev testing I get this when the level is loading:

Code: Select all
sv: setbrushmodel: null

God dammit... does anybody know what to do?
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby L3th4l » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:34 pm

You might have a few entities that are not attached to a brush.. That will give that error..
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby dolny » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:24 pm

Thanks, anyway I got back to my old version of the map in another file and I lost some work :/ but it works again.
Proud member of the HorseLovers clan.

Red Neckerson wrote:Oh and don't let dolny annoy you...he's a fanatic!
dolny
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:21 pm

Every time I got that error while mapping for wq3, it was caused by a rotating door. I think the origin brush is the culprit. Deleting any new doors I made before the error occured always fixed it for me. Then it's just a matter of remaking the doors a little more carefully.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Possible solution

Postby disharmonica » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:41 pm

Hi dolny and Red,

I had the same problem In my first experiments with Radiant. I guess, that some brushes/entities are placed "by mouse accident" in the heat of fire ;-) or it is simply a bug. During compilation, Radiant prints out the brushes that cause problems (brush nr. 32 entity 0 is bad or something) . All of them were "invisible". I just searched (somewhere in the misc menu) for the problematic brushes and deleted them. The process has to be interated, since Radiant finds new problematic brushes during subsequent compilations.

Anyway, by following this procedure I was able to recover the map and did not loose anything ...

HTH

disharmonica
disharmonica
Newcomer

Re: Possible solution

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:55 pm

disharmonica wrote:During compilation, Radiant prints out the brushes that cause problems (brush nr. 32 entity 0 is bad or something) . All of them were "invisible". I just searched (somewhere in the misc menu) for the problematic brushes and deleted them.

Invisible brushes can be found by going to the menu and selecting Plugins/Bobtoolz/Brush Cleanup. (It's good to run this occassionally even if you don't think you have problems.) Any invisible brushes will then show themselves and will already be selected so it's easy to pick them out. If brush cleanup doesn't solve the sv: setbrushmodel: null error, I guarantee it is a moving entity that causes the problem. Check new doors! :wink: To save time, clone or copy doors that you know work. Better yet, save one as a prefab for future maps.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel