With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Old WQ3 forum - archived. Links may not work.

Latest compiler & q3map2 source for SG

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:06 pm

The q3map2 that is included in our beta 2.2 release is the one you should be compiling maps with for this game.

And here is wq3 q3map2 sources so that maybe someone will make working versions for Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, etc.

And I believe the original q3map2 source by ydnar can be found here now included with the GtkRadiant source. This is what El Vakond used to update the wq3 compiler for beta 2.2.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby hika » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:23 pm

Yeah, for my part, I will try to compile the WQ3's q3map2 for FreeBSD.
I will see how it is done by when compiling the port/games/gtkradiant, so I can mimic that.
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby hika » Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:43 pm

Hopefully, I manage to compile the WQ3's q3map2 for FreeBSD, thanks to ports/games/gtkradiant.
The portage consists of a Makefile (BSD and GNU compatible), many patch files, some scons python script, imported from GtkRadiant ...

If anyone else is interested, I could provide the source package, with all the necessary files to help building (e.g Makefile, patch files ...)
I guess SG will gladly include the additional files to their WQ3's q3map2 package ;)

Hope this helps.
hika
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:29 am

hika wrote:I guess SG will gladly include the additional files to their WQ3's q3map2 package ;)
Hope this helps.

You bet! :D Thank you! I'm sure sig11 or Torhu (when he returns) will know what to do with the files. We'll figure out a way for you to give us your work if it's too big for email.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:10 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:
hika wrote:I guess SG will gladly include the additional files to their WQ3's q3map2 package ;)
Hope this helps.

You bet! :D Thank you!

I second that !
I'm sure sig11 or Torhu (when he returns) will know what to do with the files.

Oh yes!

@hika: So, you found your way through the source-archive ? If you have any questions, let us know. Since the rest of Quake3 uses a cons based build system for *nix (cons is perl-pased, scons is python-based and similar) and since I'm also familar with FreeBSD I'm sure we can help ;-)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby hika » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:29 pm

Cool to have supports from you, guys 8)
About Q3map2, it originally uses scons python script, in GtkRadiant source package.
So I grabbed them, and put my hands on it.

I can give you the small archive file I made, with all the necessary files for building.
Then, I'm sure it will be helpful to make Q3map2 compile on Linux and Mac.
hika
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:06 pm

Thanks hika !

Your version compiles almost out of the box on Linux. It would have compiled if I applied your freebsd patches ;-) ... In fact, all the patches can go into the general version anyways. Then it is supported on FreeBSD and Linux (MacOSX has to wait until I'm back).

A technical side note: there was one "stricmp" which I would replace with "Q_stricmp" ;-)

Let's see if I can make one archive for all: Windows, Linux and FreeBSD
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby hika » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:12 am

sig11 wrote:Then it is supported on FreeBSD and Linux (MacOSX has to wait until I'm back).

If I have the time, I can try to make it compile on MacOSX as I can borrow my brother's.

sig11 wrote:A technical side note: there was one "stricmp" which I would replace with "Q_stricmp" ;-)

I guess I know where it is ... say tools/quake3/q3map2/writebsp.c ?

Anyway, I'm glad I could help. 8)
hika
SG Team

Return to Editor's Forum

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel