With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
Discuss & improve the game engine.

Moderators: sparcdr, torhu, Tequila

1.1 common bugs report

Postby -Murdoc- » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:32 am

Hi devteam ! I would like share you some bugs of 1.1 version from player experience (maybe some bugs are already shared or fixed):

1- Dynamite bug : it's happen dynamite explode but cause no damage !

2- Knife dual bug : During a knife dual the two opponents can't kill each other without throw knife !

3- Wall bug : player can throw dynanites or molotov cocktails across a wall when he is crouch ! (can do it almost everywhere)

4- Name bug : when a player change is name with rename command, sometimes another player in same team (or player list in DM) take his name.

5- Player collision bug : sometimes two players can pass through each other ! (probably a link with knife bug !)

6- Spawn bug : 2 players spawn at the same place and are blocked. (It's happen sometimes when a player talk after round end and before new round spawn.)

NB : Knife, collision and dynamite bugs could be related !
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Re: 1.1 common bugs report

Postby Bart202 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:14 pm

To reply to you:

1. They tried to solve it but it needs a lot of tests to find the main reason for it... difficult .. engine problem

2. i guess spawnbug problem. take a video of it

3. That's always the problem of the pk3 file and especially of textures. The textures need a special config or a a shader.

4. could be made in my opinion. --> config

6. mainly a problem of the map .. need to set more spawn points

To fix the bugs you need to report of every map and texture with demo or picture (jpg .. )
helps a lot! :)

Thanks for your work
Facebook-Group of Smokin' Players

My hand toolz are colt peacemakers !°
Bart202
Gunslinger

Postby Barto » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:37 pm

-Murdoc- wrote:2- Knife dual bug : During a knife dual the two opponents can't kill each other without throw knife !

Does this happen only during a duel mode (du_* maps)?

-Murdoc- wrote:6- Spawn bug : 2 players spawn at the same place and are blocked. (It's happen sometimes when a player talk after round end and before new round spawn.)

Team fortress 2 solved the issue by letting body superposition if both player are from the same team. This method would end any possible spawn issues in team-based game and would probably also end situations like when 2 players from the same team die because they both got stuck each other when crossing a door. Still, this is a major workaround and not a bugfix.

The rest looks really physics based, I wonder what are the difference between SG and quake 3 in their respective implementation.
"Chuck Norris had to shorten his beard in the presence of Richard Stallman because two beards that awesome, so close would segfault the universe (again)."
Barto
Jeuxlinux Admin

Postby -Murdoc- » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:01 am

Barto wrote:Does this happen only during a duel mode (du_* maps)?

No I mean when it's a 1vs1 or more but with knife, you cut but no hurt (all modes : DM, BR etc...), sometimes there is no issue to win with knife without throw it. The majority of collision bugs were not in 1.0 ! Except spawnbug ! :)

I think SG player community need a clear 1.2, a great base without major bugs. 1.1 is a good releases, many features and options etc but some bugs are really annoying. I can understand change version of game and servers is a long and hard work.

Bart202 wrote:To fix the bugs you need to report of every map and texture with demo or picture (jpg .. )

I will try to capture videos or screens of bugs bart ! ;)
-Murdoc-
Quick Draw

Return to Code

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel