With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

WANTED!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:17 am

Howdy folks! Make sure you smile when you're playing on the servers. Why you ask? Because you never know when someone is filming! We're going to try to feature a different level each week with actual game footage of YOU playing online. First up is bank robbery mode on Santa Cruz by DeadKennedy.

ReD_NeCKersoN Santa Cruz - Bank Robbery video - Mod DB

If you like, you can download a higher quality version of santa_cruz.wmv from our downloads section.

Looks like ==diop created a new 1851 Navy Colt weapon model HERE. Very good looking work there sir! Trouble is, we need an animator! Please post in the thread if you can help. I'd also like to remind everyone that Smokin' Guns could use more contributors in all areas. If you have any game related skills at all please help us improve SG!

For all of you mappers out there, there's an updated level design package in our download section this week. Mapping Toolz v2.1 adds functionality for Zero Radiant which is an alternative to previous versions of GTK Radiant. (Thanks for the tutorial Breli.) A couple of fans are already designing new levels & we'll be sure to post news of any screenshots that come our way.

Tequila has been very busy setting up some new tools for the development team that should help streamline our efforts to produce future updates. I'd like to say MUCHAS GRACIAS for all of his hard work! 8)

Lastly, ltmon wants to know if you live near Australia or New Zealand. The good folks from "down under" are hosting a game server & want to challenge folks from that region to a game. http://teamipx.net/
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby beardy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:54 am

Nice video :)
beardy
Newcomer

Postby doomdragon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Oh, the shame, I missed all the time. :lol:
Nice video.
doomdragon
Newcomer

Postby mLy! » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:40 pm

When recording in SG, is it possible to disable the 'recording xxx' text in the center of the screen, it's kind off annoying :p
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby Pardner » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:44 pm

/cg_draw2d 0

heheheh just joking. I dont know if you can disable the recording text. It doesn't get record though, so if you go back and watch the demo it is not there.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:06 pm

In the cfg you have the record binds set, you should be able to remove
echo ^1[RECORDING DEMO]
echo ^1[DEMO STOPPED ]
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Steely Gaze » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:48 am

Holy crap! I remember that shootout! 8O

I've been away a while, but since that was actually the first game I'd participated in online I doubt I'll ever forget it! Heh, heh, damn that was awesome. :D

I just showed the video to Ringo and he got a huge kick out of it.

Pity I don't have a Fileplanet account or I'd download the video for a permanent record.

This just reminds me why I ought to record all my matches....
Steely Gaze
Drifter

Postby L3th4l » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:10 am

Steely Gaze wrote:Pity I don't have a Fileplanet account or I'd download the video for a permanent record.

You can register a File Planet account for free :wink:
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby mLy! » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:16 pm

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:In the cfg you have the record binds set, you should be able to remove
echo ^1[RECORDING DEMO]
echo ^1[DEMO STOPPED ]

I don't have a bind, I just do \record in console
My Latest fragmovies:
Winning BB cup
mLy!
Gunslinger

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Steely Gaze wrote:Holy crap! I remember that shootout!

Yeah, I was wondering if I'd ever see you or Ringo online again while I spliced that video together. That was a fun day.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby Steely Gaze » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:29 am

L3th4l wrote:
Steely Gaze wrote:Pity I don't have a Fileplanet account or I'd download the video for a permanent record.

You can register a File Planet account for free :wink:

Eh...I know it's dumb, but I just can't bring myself to sign up for another website that I likely will almost never use. I'm extremely stingy about what I sign up for.

ReD NeCKersoN wrote:
Steely Gaze wrote:Holy crap! I remember that shootout!

Yeah, I was wondering if I'd ever see you or Ringo online again while I spliced that video together. That was a fun day.

We've been playing a bit since. But my sister prefers playing Bank Robbery, so we nearly always go for one of those servers when all three of us play. At least until my unreliable Internet kicks us out. It's kind of embarrassing to be ejected from a game just as it's getting good. :?
Steely Gaze
Drifter

Postby Pardner » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 am

Steely Gaze wrote:Eh...I know it's dumb, but I just can't bring myself to sign up for another website that I likely will almost never use. I'm extremely stingy about what I sign up for.

Well, guess we are lucky you signed up here! LOL.
If you want to download any others SG files, you will probably want to get a FilePlanet account.
Pardner
SG Team

Postby ^SDE^Evans » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Nice video
Nice song

VIVA MEXICO! ARRIBAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I hurt myself today (8)
^SDE^Evans
Shootist

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar