With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...

Moderator: Pardner

Happy New Year!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:34 pm

Howdy folks! While we wait for v1.1b4, which is our next planned test release coming soon, there are a few things worth mentioning.
Some of you may remember Leon Kilean? He did several background models, textures, & did some major work on the new skins for SG's player models. So it makes us proud to see that such an important contributor for SG is also heavily involved with a great looking HalfLife2 mod called FLESH. Our very own SG dev member EvilFutsin also contributed to FLESH as well. If suspense/horror/puzzle styled games are to your liking, then check out this cool trailer & try the mod!

Flesh second trailer video - Mod DB

It seems Smokin' Guns & the Flesh mod are both mentioned in ModDB's "Video Spotlight" for December 2009. Also, the same video serves as their "Year in Review" which showcases many new games & mods for the year. Here's the vid:

ModDB Spotlight December 2009 video - Mod DB
In other news: bug fixes, new features & map revisions continue to flow at a good rate. Our next beta release should be an interesting one!
A very nice looking fan map has surfaced by Languid_Plates. He is still working on it in an attempt to make the best bank robbery level that he possibly can. Screenshots & a download are available HERE! Test the map & give him some feedback will ya?

Lastly, don't forget to vote for Smokin' Guns for independant game of the year over at ModDB! Scroll half way down THIS PAGE & click on VOTE!

PS. If you're curious about our current "Pic-of-the-week" you can see more HERE.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:56 am

Futsin pointed out to me that Moddb did an interview with two of the FLESHMOD team members. It's long, but I listened to the whole thing & came away feeling priviledged to have worked with Leon. (Futsin too! :P But I've always felt that way about the Futs.) I can only hope we see more contributions from these guys in SG someday. If nothing else, it's nice to know we've "rubbed elbows" with these people. Very cool. Btw, Leon also goes by the name Henri & is addressed as such in the interview.

Flesh Interview audio - Podcast17 - Mod DB
Admittedly, I haven't tried FLESH yet. But I'm downloading it right now. 8)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Return to SG News

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel